Friday, March 9, 2012

Have Your Cake & Eat It Too!

So I recently dropped off the map. This is because I have had literally no time to do anything but focus on school work. With the teachers bombarding us with work, oratoria practice (more venting on that later), soccer practice, futsal practice, JSA, book club & now track, I barely even sleep. Let alone get on the computer and type everything that's going on. So now, I must give a run-down on EVERYTHING. Let's see...
The most interesting thing that has happened since my last post has probably been JSA. We're the only delegation for the Junior States of America in Puerto Rico and we got to go to Arlington, Virginia to meet with other delegations and debate different bills. I won't be disclosing anything, 'cause what happens in JSA, stays in JSA...
There's also the matter of Oratoria. It's forensics in spanish. And I am killing myself. The practices are every day and whenever I have any free time. Which is never, since it occupies most of my day anyways. Sometimes I even have to skip lunch. & I feel like I'm the team's weakest link. Which is not great for my confidence. Or on my coach's moods. I just hope I can pull through in time for the competition.
So today was the first time I've had some down time in a while, because there's the school musical going on, so the teachers haven't given any work for the weekend, since half the school is IN the play, and the other half is watching it. & I was able to actually SLEEP this week. SLEEP! god I missed it. I think I've been solely on caffeine for the last three months. So after sleeping, on a Friday (my life is SUPER interesting, I know) I got to reading, FINALLY!!!!!
What I read was called Take the Cake, by Sandra Wright. It was a light, entertaining read. The characters were likable and the cupcake/quote war was adorable. So were the relationships. It was interesting to read the different dynamics and approaches each of the characters took & how each character developed by the end of the book. The characters were spectacularly well-written, and I found myself wishing they were real (I also wish the bakery was real, but then again, I'd probably eat there everyday & that can't possibly be healthy). This is definitely a book I'd pick up again & read just to get reacquainted with the characters. I'd recommend it to anyone who's in the mood for some light, easy romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment