Monday, May 28, 2012

It was Enchanting to Meet You

Read Enchant Me, by Anne Violet (side note: I REALLY like her name). 


Anyways, the book was OK.
I really liked the characters, which is important for me as a reader; if I don't like the characters, the book is shot. Alex was refreshing: she strayed from the mold, but not so much that she was an outcast. And let's face it, she was a bad ass (you'll have to read to find out how). Christian was sexy in all the right ways, and sweet & caring, yet kind of scary sometimes. 
It was nice to see how their relationship developed. However, I would've liked to see more of the friends, I felt like they were just there to fill in some holes. 
And the book was developing nicely until the end. I felt like it kind of dropped at the end. I'm still left with some questions (like what happens to Christian and Alex in Ireland? Does Nicolas ever come out of his coma? How are Alex's powers when they're fully developed? Are they good for anything?). A sequel would be nice. Or an epilogue. Either way. I just feel like there's something missing. 
Besides that, I didn't really get a good idea of the bad guy (Nicolas) till the end, and so I didn't really understand what was happening with him throughout most of the book. 
However, I did like finding out about the Druids, and the Alex/Christian relationship was cute. 
3/5 stars *** :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment