Monday, June 4, 2012

Lions, tigers, and Vincent Brothers, Oh My!

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines
wow. I needed a while after reading the book, in order to process everything. Because wow. Just wow. 
Normally, when I read a story I like the leading female to have a lot of spark & fire in her. & at first, I didn't think Lana had that, but boy was I wrong. 
The Vincent Brothers is the sequel to The Vincent Boys & in it, we see things from Sawyer's point of view, and how he's doing after everything that happened with Beau & Ashton (if you haven't read Vincent Boys, go do it. Right now. then, read this one.) Anyways, here's the official description (from Goodreads) : 
He may have given her up without a fight, but Sawyer Vincent is far from over losing the girl he’s loved all of his life. Instead of giving up his best friend and the girl he thought he’d spend forever with, he gave Ashton and his brother Beau his blessing. However, adjusting to seeing Ashton wrapped up in Beau’s arms isn’t easy. Complicating everything even more, Ashton’s cousin Lana is in town for the summer. Sweet, kind, soft-spoken Lana, who gets under his skin. Just being near her makes him forget all about Ashton and his broken heart. Lana is everything he wanted Ashton to be except she isn’t Ashton. She lacks the backbone to stand up for herself and confidence that Ashton wears like a crown.

Lana McDaniel has lived her life in her cousin's shadow. While Lana struggled with her grades no matter how hard she tried, her mother praised Ashton's intelligence. She hadn’t been blessed with Ashton’s blond hair and flawless skin, but that didn't keep her mother from lamenting her naturally red hair and freckles. But none of that would have mattered if Ashton hadn’t always had Sawyer Vincent wrapped around her finger -- the only boy Lana wanted. Once Ashton let Sawyer go, Lana had been so sure that he’d move on. Determined to make Sawyer finally see her, she'd talked her mother into letting her spend the summer with Ashton. But Sawyer is still in love with Ashton, and Lana isn’t going to be anyone's rebound girl. No matter how yummy Sawyer Vincent’s kisses taste.



So again, wow. Ms. Glines did not disappoint with this sequel. In the Vincent Boys, I loved Ashton & Beau, and I loved their relationship. & I sort of disliked Sawyer, for getting in the way of that, and Lana was just... there. 
But with this book, I got another glimpse at them. & it was definitely something I liked. I respected Sawyer for backing off, and letting Ashton & Beau be together, even though he obviously wasn't ok with it & I was rooting for him and Lana. Reading about how he slowly got over Ashton, and Lana became his world (& he didn't even notice) literally made me giddy inside & I could've slapped him after that little scene at the camping site. Sadly, he's not real (that breaks my heart). 
With Lana, I was really frustrated. In a good way. I was really happy that she had grown up some since I'd read about her in the Vincent Boys, but she still had a lot of growing up to do. Sawyer helped her do that. 
She'd always held a torch for Sawyer, in the same way he'd done for Ashton. In the Vincent Brothers, Lana learns more about Sawyer & falls for him even harder, and Sawyer learns what love really is when he falls for Lana. 
With books like these, Abbi Glines is quickly climbing up by Fave Authors list!
I don't really know else to review this except to say that I LOVED it. & I'll probably re-read it just to hang out with the characters some more. & let you know, that if you're reading this, you should probably also be reading the Vincent Brothers. 
I don't think I've gotten enough of them. I want MORE!!! Maybe an epilogue for Beau & Ashton (even if it's just on your blog. hint, hint, Abbi Glines) or some short stories about them. SOMETHING!!! I just can't let them go. So I think I'll leave you with that; when you read the Vincent Brothers, prepare to fall in love! 5/5 stars *****

No comments:

Post a Comment