Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Temptation is Sweet...

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

How to start this review? hmm... 
Well, the book was exactly what I expected. & then, it wasn't. Am I making any sense. No, I guess I'm not. Well, here's the blurb from goodreads.com & I'll try to explain myself. 
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


So it was exactly what I expected because of the whole angels & demons war going on. I've read book about that before, so this one put a nice twist to it that I definitely liked. The story is really interesting & I recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the genre. I liked seeing how it played out. The road trip & the club scene have to be my favorite parts (read it to know what I'm talking about). It's got some very intriguing elements & raises a lot of questions. That's where my problem is. Well, I guess its strategic writing on the author's part, because I am a VERY curious person & I'll be anticipating the next book in order to answer all my questions. 
However, it frustrates me a lot, because the ending of the book was a cliff-hanger & it sort of wasn't. It ended in a way where Anna (who's very confused about everything, thereby confusing me as to how I feel about her) decided what she was going to do, but the ending with Kaidan (who I'm totally in love with) felt really abrupt, and you can just tell something's going on. But you don't know what, 'cause the book ends. 
So my best advice for someone would be to read this book when the second one is already out, or close to its release date; that way any questions are answered faster. 
Oh! and another thing: I wanna see more Jay, Roni, and Kope!!!! pretty please with a cherry on top? 
Jay and Roni are super sweet and I like that Anna had human friends, but she seemed to drop them once she found out what she was. Maybe the author did it on purpose, but if she's trying to steer Anna away from her evil half, friends to keep her grounded would be a good tool. 
And Kope!! I love Kope. However, I don't like love triangles (the book teeters on the edge of one). It'd be so awesome if Kope got over Anna, 'cause he's so much better as the silent, big brother type. & Anna is so far gone with Kaidan that Kope has no hope & if she uses Kope as a mechanism to try and get over Kaidan, I might have an attack. I really rather avoid that.
It gets 3.5 stars **** for leaving me without any answers. :'(
 So that's about it. I am now stuck waiting 'till JULY for more news on the sequel. -.- poopie. 
For more information go to the author's website: http://www.wendyhigginswrites.com/ or http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11808950-sweet-evil

No comments:

Post a Comment