Thursday, June 21, 2012

Where's My Happy Ever After?

This is a review for Someone Else's Fairytale by E.M. Tippets












& here's the blurb from goodreads.com:
Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.


The blurb doesn't give much away and the cover is kind of mis-leading, so I was not totally prepared for this book. I picked it up by chance; I was at a really intense part in ANOTHER book I'm reading, and needed a break. I found a link for this book on Twitter, and decided it's be light enough to take my mind off the book. 
Well, it DID take my mind off the other book, but it was by no means light. I expected this book to be predictable: where it's love at first sight for the characters, something happens, they break up, one of them realizes they were an idiot, and they get back together to live happily ever after. 
I know there's that saying "don't judge a book by it's cover", and I've always understood the way it applies to people, but as for books, I'm a cover-judging person. And this book has changed my standing on that. 
I expected the plot to be really fluffy & I was SO WRONG!! and I'm glad I was (You can understand the magnitude of this event; since I'm rarely happy about being wrong). 
Chloe's thoughts and actions got me involved and interested; as the plot unraveled, I found I couldn't put the book down. I liked how Jason respected Chloe so much that he was willing to only be her friend as long as she needed it. He was also completely honest with her about everything he had done, even though it made him uncomfortable. I completely agree with him about Chloe being so strong; I really admired the way she stood up to all her challenges. She also thought things through, and once she made a decision she acted on it. 
It was also really interesting to see how Chloe's behavior affected Kyra's behavior; she led by example, because Kyra really needed a role model at the moment, one who wasn't trying to control or stifle her. 
I loved every single part of this book, and I'm so glad it wasn't what I expected. It shocked me, entertained me, and gave me a lot to think about and I commend the author for that. 
5/5 stars *****

No comments:

Post a Comment