Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Soulmates, but better :)

So recently, I've read a couple of books; I just didn't feel like reviewing them. Instead I'm going to review a series that I just read for the second time.
It's by Shelly Crane, and totally worth the second read.
The first book is Significance: 
The entire series (except Reverence, which is just three chapters) is told from Maggie's point of view. & let me just tell you: I ADORE MAGGIE! Even though she gets lost in Caleb, she doesn't lose herself (does that make any sense?) I love that Ms. Crane was able to create a concept of soul mates where the pair makes a whole, but each continues to be themselves. Actually, scratch that; they're a better version of themselves thanks to the Ascension (wink, wink)
Anyways, in Significance, we see how Maggie meets Caleb and learns was Aces are. But meeting her soulmate is not everything that happens to this seventeen year old girl; there always has to be a bad guy. Unfortunately for Maggie, her villain is kinda deranged. 
So it's not all happiness and fairy-tale endings for Maggie & Caleb. They have to deal with the crazy bad guy, TWO guys still hung up on Maggie, and her dad (who has just remembered how to be a father). 
It's a great book. Shelly Crane gives new meaning to the term soul mates, adds a little magic, and gives the good guys something to fight for; the recipe for a great series!
But Significance is only the beginning; next comes Accordance (heads up! If you haven't read Significance, don't keep reading).
 In Accordance, Caleb and Maggie are in California (to protect themselves from the Watsons) with Bish -Maggie's over-protective brother- and Kyle -Caleb's cousin who happens to be in love with Maggie. Here, Maggie discovers something new about herself, and begins to unravel the mystery behind why the imprints stopped. 
Also, Maggie and Caleb have their first fight, and boy, was that intense! But the fun part about fighting is that you can make up, or should I saw make OUT ;) 
Maggie uses her abilities to help people and in one of these instances, the gang picks up an interesting stray. They also get an unexpected visit (duhn, duhn DUHN!)
To say the least; there is A LOT going on in the second book, and the ending is a major cliff hanger that will have you BEGGING for Defiance. 
Now, I'd review Defiance in detail, but it's too hard without giving anything away, so I won't. Instead, I'll say that the series is definitely worth reading again, and again, and again (like I'm about to do, as soon as I'm done here). 
& I can't wait for Independence. Seriously. I'm dying. there's not even a set date for it's publishing & there's no teasers!! I need SOMETHING!!
Ms. Crane, if you're reading this, I applaud you for creating such amazing characters and weaving their story so flawlessly, but can we PLEASE get something? Anything? Pretty please with a cherry on top. & an oreo cookie. & chocolate syrup. & sprinkles. & a banana split. I'm gonna stop now 'cause I'm getting hungry & I think you get the point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment